Oven baked roasted pumpkin frittata, topped with caramelised onion
What you will need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, coconut oil or ghee
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 500g jap pumpkin, diced
- 2 green zucchini, grated
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup thickened cream, lactose free cream or dairy free milk
- 100g feta or vegan macadamia feta
- 1⁄4 bunch of parsley, cut finely
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 large baking tray
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add sliced pumpkin to the baking tray and lightly toss in 1 tbsp of olive oil, ghee or coconut oil. Roast for 25 mins and toss half way through.
- Add sliced red onion, a tsp of oil and balsamic vinegar to a fry pan and cook on a medium heat. Saute the onions and cook down vinegar until it caramelises, this should take about 10-15 mins.
- Add eggs, zucchini, cream of your choice, parsley, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl. Make sure the eggs are whisked well.
- Oil 1 large baking dish with remaining oil. You can line the tray with parchment paper to make it easier to clean at the end.
- Add egg mix to lined baking dish.
- Once the pumpkin is cooked sprinkle in to baking dish, top with crumbled feta and caramelised onion.
- Cook for 35-40 mins.
- Serve with side steamed broccolini, avocado and squeeze of fresh lemon juice.