- 8 tablespoons dairy free butter of choice (we use an organic homemade one)
- 2.5 cups gluten free flour (we use an organic homemade one)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 2 eggs (vegan option of egg replacement 2tbsp chia seed + 3tbsp warm water)
- 1 cup dairy free milk (we use an organic homemade cashew or oat milk)
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 1/3 vanilla bean (5cm piece)
Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease muffin tins with butter.
In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking power, baking soda, sugar, and salt. Set aside.
In a medium sized pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Swirl occasionally to ensure butter is cooking evenly.
In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk, orange zest, vanilla, and mostly cooled browned butter together. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid ingredients. Fold together and do not over mix. Fold in the pomegranate arils.
Spoon batter into greased muffin tins and bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 20-30 minutes. Test by inserting fork into centre of muffin and ensure batter is fully cooked. When done cooking, immediately remove from muffin tins and allow to cool on cooling rack.