CORN AND ZUCCHINI FRITTERS
500g zucchini, shredded and drained*
1/2 cup grated onion
1 cup fresh organic sweet corn
1 large egg
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour/GF if needed
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dried basil
Olive oil or ghee, for cooking
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, onion, corn, egg, and cheese.
- Then stir in the flour, baking powder, salt, and basil.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once hot, spoon the zucchini mixture by a tablespoon. (I used a regular eating tablespoon to measure out the mixture).
- Flatten the tops with a spatula and cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Serve warm fritters as is or with sour cream.
Make sure to squeeze out as much of excess moisture from the zucchini before mixing in with the rest of the ingredients. I did this by using my hands. You can also use couple layers of paper towels, cheese cloth, or a dish towel.