Did you know that in this beautiful Country of ours, we use approximately 8,000 tons of wrapping paper every year! Much of the time, wrapping paper has a sneaky coating, glitter etc on it, making it a single-use item and we didn't even know it. So why don't you try and ditch the store bought wrapping paper this year and try these eco-friendly gift-wrapping ideas?
- Use cotton tote bags (bonus bag gift for the recipient to use afterwards!)
- Old newspapers and magazines
- Recycle brown paper bags (maybe from your last shopping trip, takeaway, mushroom bags turned inside out etc...)
- Say 'no' to sticky tape (string and paper/ fabric is all you really need, if you don't trust us search it on youtube)
- Gift wrap with old fabric ie. sheets, clothes (search google for 'Furoshiki', you will want to give it a go!)
- Give an old map new life (essentially a very interesting big piece of paper ready for your wrapping needs)