- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large chopped onions (2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery (1 large stalk)
- 2 cups peeled chopped sweet potatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth (or any- we use Nourishing Point’s bone broth)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 finely chopped sprigs of fresh basil
- 1 dash cinnamon
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chopped tomato (fresh or canned)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green capsicum (1 large)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon tamari
In a large pot, heat oil and saute onion, garlic, celery, and potatoes for about five minutes.
Bring broth, bay leaf, and spices to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer (covered) for 15 minutes.
Then add the tomatoes, capsicum, and chickpeas and simmer for 10 minutes more.
To serve, stir in the tamari sauce.