Autumn rainbow salad
- 1 bunch small beetroot, cubed
- 2 bunches Dutch carrots, ends trimmed
- 500g butternut pumpkin, cubed
- 1 small fennel, finely shaved
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- Parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Red apples, quartered then sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 100g goat’s cheese, crumbled
Preheat oven to 180°C. Place carrots, pumpkin, and beetroot on a lined tray with oil. Season to taste and bake until tender.
Place walnuts over another tray. Drizzle with 1tablespoon of the honey. Season to taste and bake until caramelised.
Place the orange juice, vinegar, mustard and the remaining oil and honey in a screw-top jar and shake until well combined.
Combine the beetroot, pumpkin, carrots, fennel, apple, and baby spinach in a serving bowl.
Drizzle with a little of the dressing. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with orange zest and goat’s cheese. Serve with remaining dressing