They're the perfect low carb collagen cookie for a healthy treat that you can feel good about eating and a great way to use some over ripe bananas!
Adding a boost of Collagen to your diet can have several benefits related to skin, joint, bone, muscle, and heart health so give these delicious cookies by @thenakedseed a go this week!
What you will need:
- 3 ripe small-medium bananas
- 1/2 cup collagen powder
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 2tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp baking powder
- *Optional 1-2tsp ginger powder for ginger spiced cookie
- 2tbsp melted coconut oil
- + Small Almond butter dollops for filling
- Preheat oven to 180°C & line a baking tray.
- In a mixing bowl (or food processor) mash/blend bananas + vanilla + coconut oil.
- Add in all dry ingredients; collagen, coco flour, cinnamon, baking powder, & optional ginger. Mix together well.
- Ball out your cookie mixture with a spoon or small ice cream scoop & roll into balls onto your baking tray.
- Take a small tap of almond butter (better if it’s on the dryer side), place into centre of your ball until covered, then flatten into cookie shape until all cookies are done. Use a fork to create the pattern on top or leave plain.
- Baking time: 15 mins (until golden brown all over). Let sit aside until cooled to transfer onto cooling wire. Whilst hot, they may fall apart slightly, once cooled will hold together better.