Boasting 7 serves of nutrient rich fresh organic veggies and costing approx. just under $10 per serve, this warming vegetarian curry is soo good for supporting your body this Winter. Pop this one and leave it to do it's thing while you go about your busy day. Enjoy for dinner and then savour leftovers for lunch later in the week - Yum!
Serves 6 (possible more if you serve with rice or naan bread)
What you will need:
- 2 tsp olive oil or organic coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Madras curry paste
- 1 cup vegetable liquid stock or organic bone broth (or 1 to 2 tsp of vegetable stock concentrate in one 1 cup of water)
- 400ml can organic coconut cream
- 1 large organic capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1kg organic pumpkin, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 small organic cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
- 3 organic tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 300g organic green beans, kale or broccoli (whatever is in season), trimmed, cut into bite size pieces
- 400g can organic chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 2 tbsp fresh organic coriander leaves, to serve
- Organic Rice, to serve (optional if you want to bulk it up even more or make it go a little further)
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add stock/ broth. Bring to a simmer. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add coconut cream, capsicum and pumpkin to slow cooker. Season. Cover. Cook on high for 1 hour 30 minutes (or low for 3 hours). Add cauliflower and tomato. Cook for 15 minutes. Add greens and chickpeas. Cook for a further 30 minutes or until beans are just tender.
- Serve with chopped fresh coriander leaves atop with simply by itself, with rice or with naan bread.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au