A super fun, family friendly and healthy lunch to celebrate Halloween. Serve with a side salad of mixed greens and lemon juice - easy peasy!
What you will need:
- 4 fat organic capsicums (tops cut off and spooky jack-o-lantern face cut out)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup organic salsa
- 1/4 cup finely chopped organic red onion
- Juice of 1/2 an organic lime
- 2–4 Tbsp fresh organic coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- To serve (optional): organic avocado or guacamole, salsa, sour cream, cheese etc...
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius.
- Prepare a baking dish by filling it with 1cm of water.
- In a large bowl, stir together quinoa, black beans, salsa, red onion, lime juice, cilantro, cumin, chilli powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Scoop quinoa filling into peppers or pepper halves. Carefully place in your baking dish. Cover dish with foil. Bake 40-50 minutes, or until peppers are your desired tenderness. Enjoy with additional salsa, avocado, or your favourite Mexican toppings!