1. PUMPKIN PIE GRANOLA
This recipe is full of delicious spices that will have your home smelling so delicious as it cooks. Best enjoyed fresh with yoghurt or milk for breakfast or on ice cream for dessert. Can be stored in airtight container (after having cooled completely)
What you will need:
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree (perhaps leftover from pumpkin carving?)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg or freshly grated
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees celsius.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients except nuts and pumpkin seeds.
Mix all ingredients and place them on a tray prepared with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
Put in the oven for 20 min. Rotate after ten minutes and mix on the baking tray so it browns evenly. After 20 minutes add the walnuts and pumpkin seeds and bake for 10 more minutes.
It is ready when the oats begin to brown and starts smelling delicious.
Recipe by brownsugarandvanilla.com
2. SPICED PUMPKIN MUFFINS. Find the whole foods recipe here >