Get super comfy and make yourself some of this heart & soul warming soup, just another delicious meal made with the delicious pumpkin Lui from The Naked Seed Nutrition received in her @theorganicscarecrow bounty box!
- 800g roasted pumpkin (around 1/2 a medium sized Jap Pumpkin)
- 3 big ass zucchini’s
- 1 can coconut milk or cream (if you don’t like coconut then use 1 cup unsweetened oat or almond milk)
- 1 can cannelini beans (BPA free, rinsed & drained)
- 250ml bone broth or 2tbsp bone broth concentrate mixed in 250ml water
- 1tsp turmeric
- 1tbsp cumin
- A couple of pinches of chilli flakes
- A couple of pinches of salt
- + cracked black pepper to taste
- Extra water if wanting to make soup thinner
Optional* Chicken: 2 chicken breasts poached in turmeric spiced water (1tsp turmeric + 1 pinch salt + cracked pepper)
- Roast chunks of pumpkin & zucchini’s in oven for 40 minutes to 1 hour.
- In blender add roasted veggies + all other ingredients and blend until smooth.
- If you have a Thermomix, heat in Thermomix while blending or heat on stove in saucepan.
- Shred chicken on top of your freshly served soup. Add toasted seeds for some delicious crunch!
* Shredding chicken or whisking an egg into your soup is a great way to help you stay fuller for longer and curb cravings later.