What you will need:
● 2 cloves of garlic, minced
● 2 sticks of celery, chopped roughly
● 400 g broccoli, chopped into 2-3 cm pieces (don’t throw away the stem!)
● 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
● 1⁄2 a bunch of fresh mint
● Olive oil
● 1 litre organic chicken or vegetable stock
● Ricotta or feta cheese, for garnish. Meredith marinated goats cheese is my fave!
1. Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic in melted oil until tender, 5 minutes.
2. Add potato and broccoli stems; generously season with salt and pepper. Pour broth into potato mixture, cover, and simmer until potatoes are softened, about 10-15 minutes. (You'll want to give the pot an occasional stir to prevent sticking.)
3. Carefully puree the soup until smooth. If you're using a blender, be sure to let the mixture cool a bit and do it in batches, only filling the blender halfway, to prevent any exploding soup accidents.
4. Serve and top with either crumbled ricotta or feta cheese. Perfect for a winter's day and with some fresh organic sourdough and butter!
Credit: Recipe thanks to our friend Jess Stevenson, Nutritionist and owner of The Nourishing Point, providing consultation and personal home cooking services.